Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) celebrated 11th Reunion, 4th Anniversary, Eid Milan and the First Picnic on August 10, 2014 at Karachi Farm House, Super Highway, Karachi. The Highlights of the function are as follows:
- A total of 145 persons attended the function (70 male, 45 ladies and 30 children)
- All attendees met with their old buddies and enjoyed the event.
- Three additional persons joined the Association and became Members. They are M. Muslemeen (Badge No.73073), Shah M. Umar Farooqi (Badge No. 73978) and Qazi Ahmed Naseer (Badge No.74869).
- Function Secretary, Syed Shahid Ali started the event with the recitation from the Holy Qur’an by Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan.
- This was not a formal reunion but was very special one as we all celebrated the first PICNIC in a Farm House. There was a high pressure from most of the members to change the usual routine and to do it in a different style. To keep the valuable opinion of all the members SAEEA with the help of other Members, especially Khaliluddin Qureshi, Qamar A. Khan, Syed Shabbar S. Abidi, Jamil Shaikh and Mrs. Qamar Khan remarkably organized this event. The attendance figure shows the success of the reunion. Children enjoyed the most as well as the senior SAEEA Members. The change proved beyond SAEEA expectations.
- SAEEA also invited few professional musicians for a musical program during the picnic, which is an extra flavor for the event. Few SAEEA Members also participated in the musical program. All participants enjoyed the music.
- In the ladies side the goodies bag and the quiz program made a big attraction for ladies and children.
- Few games were also planned for men area, however, because of shortage of time they were not performed.
- There were four swimming pools in the Farm House and most of the attendees, especially children, enjoyed the most.
- A leading newspaper contacted and requested SAEEA to provide a list of all small children attending the picnic. They intended distributing gifts to the children. SAEEA provided list of small children and will distribute the gifts when received.
- Since the function started early morning, therefore, SAEEA arranged breakfast, lunch and then evening tea for all attendees.
- In the short speech Kamal Ahmed Farooqi (KAF)-President SAEEA informed that this picnic is a special one and there is no need for any formal speech etc. All office bearers were available with all the members and they are exchanging their views and suggestions for future activities.
- KAF thanked all attendees, especially Khaliluddin Qureshi, Syed Shabbar S. Abidi, Qamar A. Khan, Mrs. Qamar Khan and Jamiluddin Shaikh for devoting their valuable time and energy for making the program successful.
- KAF thanked The Musicians Mr. Mehdi and Mr. Zafar for their participation and as a token of remembrance presented them the SAEEEA Souvenirs.
- Finally KAF prayed for all the sick Members of the Association.
Download the 11th Reunion Photo Album
Jervin Justin, son of Sebastian Justin and Vasantha Justin, graduated with an MBA from Harvard Business School on May 2014. He will begin working as a consultant at the Boston Consulting Group in Dallas. He did his high school studies at the Indian International School in Dammam and his undergraduate studies in Computer Engineering at the Texas A&M University, College Station.
Jervin’s older brother, Jaison, graduated with an MBA from Kellogg School of Management in May 2010. He is a Principal at the Boston Consulting Group in Dallas. He did his high school studies at the Indian International School in Dammam and his undergraduate studies in Chemical Engineering at the University of Arizona, Tucson.
Sebastian Justin worked at the Exploration and Producing’s Reservoir Description Division in Dhahran. The Justin family lived in Saudi Arabia from 1977 till 2009 and raised their two sons, Jaison and Jervin, there.
I’ve also included two photos (attached) that you can use, one is of my graduation, one is of my family and me together.
29th Saudi Aramco Annuitant’s Reunion
September 5-8, 2014
Omni Grove Park Inn
Click here for the latest list of Attendees
Asheville, North Carolina – Here We Come!
September 5-8, 2014
Just a little over two weeks and our long-awaited Asheville “Hafla” will become a reality! There will be over 350 attendees, coming from Saudi Arabia, Canada, Holland, and 32 States. The Omni Grove Park Inn is ready for our big event!
This is the last newsletter from your hosts & co-hosts prior to the reunion. There are a few areas we would like to emphasize:
FIRST: we need several more people to sign up for the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour in order for it to be a “go”. If you are interested in going, please email email@example.com as soon as possible so we can let the tour company know. If there aren’t enough to fill the bus, we will have to cancel the tour.
Here is a synopsis of the Best of the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour:
- Historical tour of Asheville
- Travel the Blue Ridge Parkway to Visitor’s Center
- Visit the Folk Art Center
- Breath-taking views from the Pisgah Inn
- Picnic lunch at Cradle of Forestry + Ranger Talk (new)
- Looking Glass Falls for more photo opportunities
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014
- Estimated time: 6 hours
- Tour time: 9:00am – 3:00pm (approximately)
- Cost: $99 per person
SECOND: We would like to encourage more people sign up for the Yoga class(es). Teal Chimblo Fyrberg (daughter of Rick & Rianne Chimblo and also an Aramco Brat) has been teaching yoga for 15 years. She is offering two classes on Saturday and Sunday mornings of the reunion. Each class will be 1hr. 15 min. and the cost is $15 per person. The first class will be from 8:30 – 9:45am and the second class will be from 10:00 – 11:15am. Take a look at her website: www.blissfulbodyyoga.com to learn more about Teal and her passion for practicing yoga and meditation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in participating in this very therapeutic activity. You are encouraged to bring your own yoga mat; however, extra mats will be available.
THIRD: The Spa Supervisor reports that appointments are filling up fast, so it would be wise to call the spa soon to book your appointment. Call 1-828-252-2711, ext. 7727.
FOURTH: Golf, Trolley Tours, Biltmore Tours, Blue Ridge Parkway Tour:
If you have signed up for any of these activities, please send your fee for your selected activity to Saudi Aramco Annuitants Reunion, P.O. Box 1527, Highlands, NC 28741. Also, if you have not sent in your Registration Form + Payment, please do so now.
As requested, here is the recommended Dress Attire for the Evening Dinners:
||Middle Eastern/Mediterranean Buffet
Ladies may wear their Middle Eastern dresses
||ASC Gala Banquet
||Formal or Semi-Formal
||North Carolina BBQ & Bluegrass
||Casual–jeans, boots & hats are acceptable
Directions from Asheville Airport to GPI : (approximately 18 miles, one way, 25 minutes)
- Leave the terminal and turn left
- Cross the bridge and turn left onto I-26 West
- Take I-26 West to I-240 East
- Follow I-240 East to Exit 5B, Charlotte Street
- Turn left at the top of the Exit
- Go .7 miles on Charlotte Street
- Turn right onto Macon Avenue, travel approximately .8 miles
The Omni Grove Park Inn is on the left
Parking: Valet parking is $22/night with in/out privileges. There are several self-parking areas on the grounds that are available for $15/night.
To access the Omni Grove Park Inn’s landing page for your Room Reservations:
SEE YOU SOON — SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL!
For questions regarding the reunion, contact the Jim and Linda Shearon at email@example.com or the Judy and Mike Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to read additional information on the 29th Saudi Aramco Annuitant’s Reunion.
On May 16, 2014 Timothy Eric Richardson graduated with honors from medical school and the Medical Scientist Training Program at The University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth with both Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) and Ph.D. in Pharmacology and Neuroscience. His Ph.D. dissertation was entitled: “The role of estrogen and estrogen analogs in Friedreich’s ataxia cytoprotection.” Tim will be beginning a combined residency/fellowship program in neuropathology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas in July 2014. After residency, he hopes to continue in academic medicine, teach second year medical students and pursue neurological research projects.
Tim was born in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia in 1985 and lived there until finishing 8th grade in 1999 with his parents Robert and Christine Richardson. Tim graduated from Houston Christian High School in 2003 and received his BS in Neurobiology at The University of Texas at Austin in 2007. During college and medical school he participated in a number of research projects at UT Southwestern Medical Center, MD Anderson Cancer Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Science and Institute for Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease Research at UNTHSC.
Frank Jungers enjoys a cup of coffee during a trip to western Saudi Arabia. Jungers is a former CEO of the company. (Photo: Dick Doughty)
PORTLAND, OR, Aug 06, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) — Common Sense Investment Management, LLC (“CSIM”), an independent, privately-held investment manager, announced that Frank Jungers has agreed to join as an Advisory Board member. Mr. Jungers was previously Chairman and CEO of Saudi Aramco (formerly known as the “Arabian American Oil Company”), the world leader in the production of petroleum-based energy. In his new advisory role at CSIM he will provide advice & guidance on strategy to the management team, tapping his extensive experience.
In addition to his 30 year tenure with Saudi Aramco, Mr. Jungers has served as a director on the boards of a number of public companies including The AES Corporation, Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette (“DLJ”), Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Horizon Lines and Thermo Electron. He is currently a director of ESCO Corporation and Pacific Star Communications. In addition he was Chairman of the Board of the Oregon Health Sciences University Foundation.
Jonathan Gane, Chief Executive Officer of Common Sense Investment Management, LLC, commented: “On behalf of the management team we are honored by Mr. Jungers’ decision to join our Advisory Board. His deep business expertise is invaluable as we continue with the next chapter of our development and the evolution of our investment solutions.”
Mr. Jungers adds: “I am pleased to join the Advisory Board and look forward to providing any appropriate guidance on their business strategy.” For more information on Common Sense Investment Management, LLC, please visit: www.csimllc.com
About Common Sense Investment Management, LLC
Founded in 1991, Common Sense Investment Management, LLC (“CSIM”) is an independent, privately-held investment manager located in Portland, Oregon. CSIM is a veteran alternative investments solutions provider with an industry-leading track record over 23 years of outperformance, portfolio differentiation and capital preservation.