A conglomerate of Aramcons, both current and retired, gathered in Karachi, Pakistan to celebrate the wedding ceremony of Anas Arif, son of Arif Qamar #74444, on the 5th of August, 2015. Arif Qamar is a permanent member of Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) Arif Qamar took an early retirement from his role as Sr. Planner, Southern Area Community Services Department, in May 2010. He worked as a Saudi Aramco employee for a total of 32 years. He was an active member of Abqaiq Saudi Aramco Employees Association (SAEA) and organized many of the events for the community. He has been a captain, vice captain, and coach of the Abqaiq Senior Cricket Team. In addition, he was also the founder of the Abqaiq junior (dependent) cricket team. He has had a unique record in Aramco Quad Area cricket tournaments for achieving the highest number of centuries, and the highest total of 233 runs in the Eastern Province Cricket Tournament. Arif Qamar was the President, Secretary, and Treasurer of Abqaiq Tennis club and the coach of the junior tennis club from 1995 until the day of his retirement. Other retired Aramco employees in attendance included:
- Maqsood Ul Hasan (Abqaiq Plant) came from the USA;
- SIM Kausar (Abqaiq Training) and their daughters came from the USA;
- Khalid Atique (Abqaiq Power) family came from Saudi Arabia;
- Khalid Baksh (Abqaiq Producing) and their daughters came from the USA;
- Mohammed Rafique (Dhahran Medical);
- Asif Mirza (Udhaliyah Office Services);
- Syed Zafeer (Abqaiq Plant);
- Qamar Ahmed Khan (Abqaiq Community Services);
- Abdul Waheed (Abqaiq Power);
- Mohammad Abdul Matin (Dhahran Personnel);
- Rashid Thanvi (Al Hasa Community Services);
- Javed Khan (Abqaiq Gardening);
- Ovais Akram Ali (Communication);
- Kamal A. Farooqi (Juaymah Gas Plant );
- Engr. Iqbal A. Khan (Ras Tanura Producing Department);
- Ghulam Qutubuddin Khan (OSPAS-Dhahran);
- Muhammad Salim Hamid ( Finance Department-Dhahran); and
- Family of late Ghulam Sama (Abqaiq Plants).
Anas graduated from Abqaiq Academy in 2002, after which he attended the Blue Ridge School in St. George, Virginia. He earned his Bachelor’s in Marketing from Iqra University-Karachi in 2011. Currently based in Karachi, he manages a team of 60+ as a Sr. Manager, for Logicose, Internet Marketing Services. While in Abqaiq, Anas interned and volunteered in several departments such as ARRSD, Gardening, Housing, Maintenance, and ACSD as a returning student and paid volunteer. Additionally, he was actively involved in both the Abqaiq Cricket Club and the Abqaiq Tennis Club up until his father’s retirement. Anas’ wife, Afshan, graduated from Sindh Medical College Karachi in 2013. She recently completed her residency from Jinnah Hospital, Karachi, and is looking forward to continuing her practice and intends to pursue higher studies specializing in the field of medicine.
Anas has four siblings including Reema Arif, Isra Arif, Fehan Arif, and Hiba Arif. Both Reema and Isra started their journey at Abqaiq Academy School and then attended The Grier High School in Pennsylvania. They both received their bachelor’s degree from Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia, Arkansas. Reema Arif is currently working in Magnolia, while Isra Arif is currently working at Berlitz in Pakistan. In contrast, Fehan Arif graduated from Abqaiq School and completed his high school from Cranbrook Academy, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. He recently graduated from NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, in Telecommunication Engineering. Similarly, Hiba Arif, also attended the Abqaiq School and recently completed her high school from Beaconhouse Schooling System. SAEEA wishes Anas Arif and Dr. Afshan Rizwan a bright future and a very Happy Married Life.