Beijing Research Center director Abdulaziz M. Al Muhaidib receives the International Science and Technology Cooperation Award for Petroleum and Chemical Industries from Li Shousheng, chairman of the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation, in a ceremony held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
The Aramco Beijing Research Center (BRC) recently received the International Science and Technology Cooperation Award for Petroleum and Chemical Industries from the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation.
The award recognizes the promotion of cooperative research in the fields of petroleum and chemical industries with China’s universities and research institutions.
BRC director Abdulaziz M. Al Muhaidib received the award on behalf of Aramco Asia during a ceremony held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China.
“We are proud of this achievement, which demonstrates our commitment to working with partners in China to develop high impact technologies that reduce cost and create significant environmental advantages,” said Aramco Asia president Anwar A. Al Hejazi.
The BRC, established in 2015, is part of Saudi Aramco’s global network of research centers and offices working on developing solutions to address challenges in the oil and gas industry.
Al Muhaidib noted BRC’s diligent work to build stronger research ties with experts in China and to form strategic collaborations with top research institutions and industrial partners in developing cutting-edge solutions to upstream and downstream challenges.
“This award demonstrates the quality of our research collaborations, as well as the capability of our scientists and researchers,” said Al Muhaidib.
Working with partners on energy solutions
Furthermore, the BRC has completed multiple research projects with leading universities and industry partners, in addition to hosting numerous graduate students for summer internships. Earlier this year, the following researchers were recognized for research and technical excellence, including:
- Xuekai Sun was awarded the Northern Asia Pacific Region prize in Formation Evaluation by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Yujin Liu was awarded the Northern Asia Pacific Region prize in Drilling Engineering by SPE
- Lu Liu’s paper “Improving Seismic Image Using Common-Horizon Panel” was selected as one of the Bright Spots in Geophysics and was included in The Leading Edge
- The paper “Near-Surface Velocity Estimation Using Source Domain Full Traveltime Inversion and Early Arrival Waveform Inversion,” jointly developed by Liu, Song Han, and Yi Luo, was selected to receive the Society of Exploration Geophysicists’ 2018 Honorable Mention of Best Paper in GEOPHYSICS. Only four of the more than 400 published papers in GEOPHYSICS every year receive this recognition from SEG.
- Ziyuan Qi was awarded the Chinese Chemical Society Excellent Poster Award at the 17th National Symposium of Colloids and Interfaces.