Dhahran Women's Group, Family Favorites - Volume 1, 1987Salad
12 to 16 oranges
2 cups green seedless grapes
2 cups cantaloupe melon, sliced very thinly
2 cups unsweetened whipped cream
Sweet whipped cream
Brietts (see below)
- Slice off end with stems from each orange. Hollow out the pulp for the dressing.
- Combine grapes, apples and cantaloupe pieces in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix gently unsweetened whipped cream and 2 cups of the orange pulp.
- Fill each hollowed orange with dressed fruit filling. Top with sweet whipped cream. Garnish with a
sprig of mint, cherry and a sweet briett.
Crispy Sweet Brietts
Oil for frying
- Deep fry pre-cut flour tortillas for 40 seconds on each side. Place on paper towels to absorb oil drips.
- Using a sifter, dust with powdered sugar.
Yield: Serves 12 - 16
Petie Bergfield, Dhahran