The meeting of Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) was held on August 5, 2017 at Kamal Farooqi’s office.
The attendees were as follows:
- Kamal A. Farooqui (KAF)
- Ghulam Qutubuddin Khan (GQK)
- Mohammad Abdul Matin (MAM)
- Muhammad Salim Hamid (MSH)
- Arif Qamar (AQ)
- The meeting started with recitation of Holy Quran by the President, Kamal A. Farooqui.
- KAF updated all attendees about SAEEA activities during June/July, 2017.
- KAF thanked all attendees, especially Arif Qamar and Mohammad Abdul Matin, whose outstanding work results a very successful 17th Reunion.
- Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan could not attend the meeting as his wife is seriously ill. Shafiq A. Khan also could not attend as he has some other priorities at his home.
- KAF requested all attendees to give their input about 17th Reunion. Here are comments of each Committee Member:
- GQK: It was a very successful event except few drawbacks; like attendees could not enjoy with all games within the Resort. Otherwise, almost all attendees liked the complete program. GQK will input his feelings in Twitter and Face Book as well.
- MAM: Received messages from a lot of attendees praising the event. In addition to beautiful atmosphere and very well organized event. The beautiful weather was a plus. Few friends could not attend as they were expecting heavy rain during the day. Two Families; one from Canada and other one from Lahore, Pakistan (1000 KM from Karachi) attended and liked the program. They attend several programs in Canada and Lahore but never had this kind of atmosphere with all ex-Aramcons with their Families. They wish to attend SAEEA future events as well.
- MSH: Presented the account of SAEEA and breakdown of expenses during the 17th Reunion. As a result of drop out of certain Friends, SAEEA shouldered heavy expenses.
- AQ: He received several complaints about Resort Games and had a meeting with the Management the very next day. They apologies and informed AQ that there was a breakdown with the Resort resulted closing of certain games. They will be more careful and well equipped during our next programs in the Resort. AQ requested SAEEA to provide the opportunity of distributing lucky draw and other gifts to the President only. This is very normal practice among all other Associations. The Managing Committee agreed and will implement the procedure in its future programs.
- The Ladies Representative could not attend the meeting but informed us that the attended ladies and children liked the program and looking forward for the next program very soon.
- KAF requested Committee Members to visit Qaiser Majid House, who died two months ago. SAEEA could not attend his funeral for certain reasons.
- KAF requested Matin to arrange a meeting between Shabbir Abidi and Shafiq Khan to make a CD describing SAEEA history. This will help and update the new attendees and Members.
- KAF prayed for all sick Friends and their Families.
If you have any questions then please call Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan on +92-321-701-4929 or write to him on [email protected].