Minutes of Meeting held on Feb. 05, 2016 at Engr. Iqbal A. Khan's House
The monthly progress meeting of Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) held on February 05, 2016 at SAEEA Vice President, Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan’s house.
The attendees were as follows:
- Kamal A. Farooqui (KAF)
- Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan (IAK)
- Ghulam Qutubuddin Khan (GQK) - He is out of country and attended the meeting through IMO system.
- Mohammad Abdul Matin (MAM)
- Muhammad Salim Hamid (MSH)
- Shafiq Ahmed Khan (SAK)
- Arif Qamar (AQ)
- The meeting started with recitation of Holy Quran by the President, Kamal A. Farooqui.
- KAF thanked IAK for providing his house for SAEEA meeting and arranging a delicious lunch for attendees.
- KAF’s wife is a heart patient; fell down on the floor and her five ribs broken. She is on bed/medications. He requested all Members to pray for fast recovery of his wife.
- SAEEA 14th Reunion has been rated as number one by most of the attendees. KAF thanked Arif Qamar for arranging the reunion and for his presence at Managing Committee meetings from the very beginning.
- KAF apprised the attendees that no one has so far approached us for contesting SAEEA forthcoming elections. Now, SAEEA has to nominate Friends for getting General Body opinion. KAF requested Founder Members (GQK and MAM) for nominating friends for further review by Managing Committee.
- KAF requested AQ to find out procedure for getting SAEEA registered.
- KAF noticed that some people are under the impressions that SAEEA has been getting monetary assistance from Saudi Aramco or from any other source. SAEEA did approach Saudi Aramco several times but they did not bother even to answer the request. The reasons are very clear; there are more than 100 Ex Employees Associations running all over the World and they do not want to open the door to all of them. This should be made clear to all Members that SAEEA has not been getting any monetary assistance from any source. From the day one, it has been running from Members contributions and Managing Committee’s free services. We acknowledge that few Members donated in the beginning just to see the Association in running position. Until now, we do not have Association’s Office or even the place for our meetings. The Managing Committee Members offer their houses for such purposes. Recently, I received a request from a new Member to arrange a musical program. The person will be contacted by email to make him understand our situation.
- Friends have been using and enjoying Whats App. However, some Friends have been placing political and religious material. We requested Friends again, not to place any material which may hurt other friend’s feelings.
- A Representative from an Investment Company approached SAEEA for their participation in the next SAEEA Reunion. During the reunion, the Company will describe their different money investment programs. The Managing Committee to review the request and will get back to the Company.
- IAK briefed about SAEEA website.
- MSH presented SAEEA updated account.
- SAEEA visited three SAEEA sick Members; (1) Chaudhary Ahsan Mohammad; got heart attack and is on bed rest. (2) Habib Nabi Khan; got heart attack and is on bed rest (3) Anwar Mirza; had open heart surgery while working for Saudi Aramco. Here, in Karachi the problem reoccurred and he was in a local hospital twice. Now he is at home on medications.
- AQ attended the meeting and threw ideas making SAEEA future functions more attractive and successful.
- KAF made dua magjhferah for Matin’s Mother and AQ’s sister, passed away recently. He prayed for fast recovery of all sick Friends.
If you have any questions then please call Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan on +92-321-701-4929 or Write to him on [email protected]