Dhahran Women's Group, Family Favorites - Volume 1, 1987
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated OR shredded
2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce seasoning mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 pounds boneless veal, trimmed and pounded thin
1 egg slightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon margarine
1 tablespoon salad oil
1/4 pound Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Cook spinach according to package directions and keep warm. If possible, steam the spinach as it will be easier to drain.
- Mix together Parmesan cheese, crumbs and seasoning mix with salt. Dip meat in slightly beaten eggs and then in crumb mixture, coating all sides.
- Heat the butter, oil and margarine in a large frying pan and brown meat on both sides. Transfer meat to a large ovenproof platter.
- Drain spinach well. Then mix with cheese and place an equal amount on each piece of meat.
- Place under the broiler just until the cheese melts.
Note: The bed veal, with the least waste, is the Colonial Beef boxed cutlets sold in the Commissary.
Yield: Serves 4 - 5
Marilyn Townsend, Dhahran