Our hearts go out to all those impacted by the devastation of Hurricane Harvey, to our fellow Aramcons living in the area, all those at Aramco Services Company, as well, their friends and families. For those who wish to donate to disaster relief efforts, here are just a few ways you can help.
The following was listed in the NY Times under Where to Donate to Harvey Victims (and How to Avoid Scams).
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- The Houston Food Bank and the Food Bank of Corpus Christi are asking for donations.
- Carter BloodCare covers hospitals in the north, central and east Texas. To donate, call 877-571-1000 or text DONATE4LIFE to 444-999.
- To help animals suffering from the disaster, visit Houston Humane Society or San Antonio Humane Society. (At this time, the Houston Humane Society website is down. Please visit the Humane Society's main website.)
- The Texas Diaper Bank in San Antonio is asking for diapers and wipes, which can be dropped off in person or mailed to 5415 Bandera Road, Suite 504, San Antonio, Texas, 78238.
- The United Way of Greater Houston flood relief fund will be used to help with immediate needs as well as long-term services like minor home repair. Visit their website to donate or text UWFLOOD to 41444.
- For more options, the Federal Emergency Management Agency recommends checking with the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster for a list of trusted disaster-relief organizations in Texas.
- "William Booth began The Salvation Army in 1865 as a means to help the suffering souls." Donate on their website.
- The American Red Cross is accepting donations on its website. You can also text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10.
- AmeriCares takes medicine and supplies to survivors.
- Catholic Charities provides food, clothing, shelter and support services to those from all religious backgrounds.
ASC Parking Lot Flooded - August 2017