Dhahran Women's Group, Family Favorites - Volume 1, 19871 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup beef broth
1 clove garlic, minced
2 green peppers, cut into 1" pieces
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
2 tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Trim fat and bone from meat; cut meat into 4 to 6 serving pieces. Grease large skillet lightly with fat from meat.
- Brown meat thoroughly on one side; turn and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brown other side of meat; turn and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Push meat to one section.
- Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth, soy sauce and garlic. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add green peppers. Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and water; stir gradually into meat mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
Sunny Schone, Dhahran