SAEEA Monthly Meeting for February 2012
Sher Ali, GQ Khan, Iqbal Khan, MA Matin,
SA Khan and Kamal Farooqi
The monthly progress meeting of Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) was held on February 01, 2012. The following were the attendees:
- Kamal Ahmed Farooqi
- Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan
- Ghulam Qutubuddin Khan
- Sher Ali
- Mohammad Abdul Matin
- Shafiq Ahmed Khan
Following are the highlights:
- Kamal A. Farooqi highlighted the activities during the month of January 2012. He especially mentioned the meeting cum dinner party arranged by Mr. Mohammad Abdul Matin at his residence on January 25, 2012.
- During our first anniversary luncheon party few friends recommended Ahmad Shah Khan to join SAEEA as office bearer. Mr. Kamal contacted Mr. Khan to know his interest in joining SAEEA and to get acquaintance about the services one should provide to SAEEA. However, Mr. Khan showed his inability in joining SAEEA because of some family reasons.
- The fourth function of SAEEA is tentatively scheduled to be held in the first week of March 2012. Mr. Mohammad Abdul Matin and Mr. Shafiq Ahmed Khan are looking around to fix the venue for it. SAEEA will notify the details to all members soon.
- Mr. Kamal Farooqi will invite Mr. Abbas Hussain Malik, President; Muhammad Ashfaq, General Secretary and Intizar Hussain Shah, Coordinator of Aramco Old Employees Association, Lahore to attend SAEEA upcoming function in Karachi.
- On request of many ex-employees of Saudi Aramco it was decided to accept the membership of ex-employees who are residing outside of Sindh province. Download SAEEA Membership Form. Interested ex-employees are requested to fill the form and send the scanned copy to SAEEA Karachi.
- SAEEA has ordered a souvenir with SAEEA Logo, it will be available on cash payment during our forthcoming fourth function.
- Few highlights for the upcoming functions were discussed and all the members are instructed to work on them before the month end.
- SAEEA office bearers visited the Mr. Baqa Ur Rehman at his residence who was sick for quite some time. Later the group visited Mr. Azhar Ali’s son Mr. Saad Azhar Ali. Saad became the member of SAEEA by completing the membership form.
- Draft Bylaws of the association are under review by the Governing Body members.
- Kamal Farooqi prayed for Late Mr. Qamar Ali who died in Karachi on January 13, 2012. Mr. Ali worked for Government Affairs Department of Saudi Aramco. He further prayed for Mr. Aleemuddin (Ex-Employee of Dhahran Personnel) who died and buried in Dammam Saudi Arabia on January 06, 2012. Although Mr. Aleemuddin was from India, however, because of his good behavior and relations, he was equally popular among Pakistanis too.
- Last but not the least Kamal Farooqi prayed for fast recovery of all SAEEA members and their spouses who are sick.
- If you have any questions or comments then please write to Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan on [email protected] Or call on +92-321-701-4929
View more photos in the Aramco ExPats Gallery.